About IV Therapy
IV therapy is a ‘take time out’ treatment where an individual receives specially formulated, individualized vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants through IV infusion. This intravenous method directly delivers the nutrients directly into your blood circulation; making it readily available for your body.
There are different types of IV therapies to consider.
– Anti aging IV therapy
– IV therapy for treating hangovers
– Skin brightening
– Immunity boosting
– Food Poisoning
– Stress Relief
– Jet Lag, etc.
What does it do?
The human body is not capable of obtaining all the necessary nutrients from diet alone. When food is heated, it destroys key vitamins such as Vitamin C. There are some vitamins and minerals which cannot be taken from food and some which cannot be easily absorbed or processed by the body. When supplements are orally administered, most will lose their efficacy because of the powerful effects of hydrochloric acid which is present in the stomach. Stress also affects how well a body absorbs and uses nutrients.
IV therapy vitamins are delivered into the body intravenously. Since it’s bypassing the stomach, key vitamins and minerals are available to use immediately for the body.
How does it work?
An IV therapy procedure is started by sanitizing the area where a needle will be inserted into your vein. The needle is placed within a catheter and is used to penetrate your skin. The catheter is inserted directly into your vein. This process is usually painless and often triggers a slight pinch at the time of insertion. Once the IV is line is hooked to a saline solution bag and hung above your head, the IV begins to work through gravity. IV therapy vitamins are administered through the saline, directly into your blood.
Who it is for?
It was originally developed to deliver vitamins, minerals, and medications intravenously to patients who were nutrient deficient, dehydrated, or unable to ingest medications. Today, healthy people can seek this health and well being therapy to boost their energy levels. Modern lifestyle is very stressful, often weakening the immune system and leaving us vulnerable to bacterial and viral infections. IV therapy vitamins can give you a necessary vitamin boost to build up a stronger immune system.
IV therapy is used by individuals for a variety of conditions such as:
– Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
– Respiratory tract infections
And many more conditions!
What are the side effects?
There are a few vitamins iv therapy side effect to consider. These are:
- Pain- You may experience slight pain at the injection site.
- Infection- IV therapy is an aseptic procedure. Nevertheless, any time there is a break on the skin, it leaves you vulnerable to infections from bacteria that dwell on the skin such as Candida albicans and Coagulase Negative Staphylococcus.
- Phlebitis- This is an inflammation of the vein, triggered by an infection or a foreign body. Symptoms include swelling, warmth, redness, and pain around the vein.
- Infiltration- When IV medication or fluid accidentally goes into the surrounding tissues, it can damage the vein or cause it to rupture.
- Hypothermia- When the human body receives large amounts of cold fluids, it may experience hypothermia.
- Fluid Overload- If the IV fluids are delivered in a large volume or at a faster rate than the body can excrete or absorb, it can cause heart failure, pulmonary oedema, or hypertension.
- Electrolyte Imbalance- When the solution is too concentrated or too diluted, the patient may experience an imbalance of magnesium, sodium, chloride, potassium, and other key electrolytes. If left untreated, it may lead to alkalosis, acidosis, or death.
Will there be downtime?
There is no downtime associated with IV therapy. You may return to your regular routine immediately.
How quickly will I see results?
Your body will differ in how it responds to IV therapy from the next person. The response will depend upon your age, health, underlying health conditions, etc. Most people report a noticeable effect for up to 4 days after the treatment. Even when you’re not ‘feeling’ the effects, your body will continue to reap the benefits of this treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
A single IV therapy session lasts up to 45 minutes. The frequency will depend on the condition you’re treating, your age, etc. At the consultation, we will help you determine how many IV therapy treatments you may require. These can be scheduled once a week, twice a week, etc.
How long does it last?
The effectiveness of the treatment will last depending on your wellness. You may notice changes that last up to a week. However, please note the iv therapy benefits will continue well after that.
How much does it cost?
IV therapy cost starts as low as AU$225. This will depend upon the type of IV treatment you’re seeking and the number of sessions.
Want to know more about IV Therapy in Sydney?
Contact Skinnotion now on 02 4655 6638.
FAQsHow painful is it?
The content provided on this website is for informational purposes only and in no way intended to substitute the professional medical advice given by a physician during an in-office consultation and examination. Any photographs/illustrations on this website cannot be copied and reprinted in any way without written permission from Skinnotion.